Milford Haven Gas Plant
We support a plant that supplies 7.6 billion m³ of gas per year.
The ability to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) is an important part of the UK’s long term energy strategy.
Gleeds played a key role as commercial manager to Dragon LNG, supporting the team at its gas plant in Milford Haven, one of the biggest liquefied natural gas terminals in the world.
Why plants like this are so important
In the UK we use LNG to generate electricity. Many of us also use it for cooking and heating in our homes and businesses.
As gas supply from the North Sea decreases, we will need to import increasing quantities. A portion is imported through a pipeline, but we cannot be dependent on one source. Terminals such as Dragon LNG’s in Pembrokeshire, Wales, allows us receive LNG from anywhere in the world.
Dragon LNG appointed Gleeds to support its import, storage and regasification terminal. We played an important role, supporting its team by managing the following key disciplines:
- Main mechanical EPCM contractor
- Main electrical contractor
- Scaffolding, insulation and painting contractor
- Civil engineering
- NDE and inspection services
- All consultant engineering contracts
Fast response times
We mobilised a multi-disciplinary team and placed them on site. We quickly took ownership of the assigned contracts at short notice. Other key achievements included:
- Developing and implementing control procedures for over 150 contracts
- Generating reports to enable the client to predict anticipated final account costs
- Providing guidance on commercial issues