Veröffentlichungsdatum: 14 Dezember 2020
Bewerbungsschluss: 30 Januar 2021
Be part of the extraordinary
Every day at Gleeds, we influence the way people around the world live, work and travel. Delivering on the world’s most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment.
One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people. We welcome new perspectives and ideas.
Above all, we believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities, whilst living and breathing our three core values:
• We’re committed to our clients and our people
• We’re creative and realistic
• We combine professionalism with personality.
About this opportunity
Gleeds Rail Business has several new and exciting opportunities for experienced and professionally qualified individuals to join us and take on key Technical Author roles in one of the UK’s most prestigious rail and infrastructure schemes.
These roles will suit those with differing skills and competencies, which usually have developed in the commercial, project management, engineering and procurement professions with a particular focus in the infrastructure sector.
Technical Authors will work closely with colleagues across the client’s business in the preparation and delivery of NEC 3 Works Information and will align potentially conflicting information requiring significant stakeholder and influencing skills. The Technical Author will also work with the Lead Technical Author and team plus the Lead Procurement Manager in the procurement of a number of contracts with values of up to £6bn.
Duties will include:
• Provide advice and commentary in the development and drafting of Works Information including alignment with the conditions of contract
• Ensure the Works Information is aligned with the Invitation To Tender
Co-ordinate and facilitate the development of Works information for several construction procurement programmes
• Liaise and obtain approval from stakeholders for any changes to the Works Information. You will have a good understanding of the OJEU procurement processes and policy requirements together with an understanding of requirements assimilation and how they align with a contracting strategy.
As a Gleeds team member, you will have access to:
• Opportunities to develop and grow your career
• 24 days holiday plus option to purchase additional days through the holiday purchase scheme
• A contributory pension scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Our global travel scholarship programme
• Flexible working arrangements
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant subject and a member of a profession such as RICS, ICE, CIPS (or equivalent). IT skills particularly in MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint are essential.
You will have excellent communication (verbal and written), influencing, analytical and commercial skills, with an eye for detail. You should have the ability to assimilate and convert data into meaningful information which is clear to a non-technical person and be able to identify and review areas of concern and liaise with relevant people to address.
Experience of working successfully within highly complex and large organisations will be advantageous.
Knowledge of the NEC or similar forms of contract is essential.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, or gender.
We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual.
Gleeds is a gold standard investor in people employer.